Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Problem naming tab- Keep getting .xls] in front

Major issue here!!!!

I have a Director who received a workbook and he moved a sheet and renamed
it. When he did it keeps putting .xls] in front of the name he wants and
will not let him actually save the sheet now with a decent name.

We have tried copying all the contents to a new page. deleting the old,
saving and then trying to rename it but it keeps doing it.

There are no formulas on this sheet but he wants to link to numbers on this
sheet and with that name - there might be problems.

HELP!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tell him to close excel.
Then open Windows Explorer
Find that file
Rename it so that there are no [ or ] in the file name.

--

Dave Peterson