Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Array formulas convert to zero when e-mailing

At work, using Excel 2002 and Outlook 2002 . . . I have a
reasonable-size spreadsheet with several array formulas. Until
recently, they'd appear properly in recipients' systems after e-mailing
and opening. Now, these array formulas are replaced by the number zero
.. . . not quite as useful. This appears to be true whether the
recipient is in our e-mail domain or external.

As a band-aid, I know I can do the "ctrl-v - Edit|Paste Special|Values"
thing, but I'd like to see about getting back to the old way.

Is this likely to be a "feature" of Outlook, or some virus scan
reconfiguration, or something else? Any pointers are welcome.

Thanks -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One idea: check to see that the Add-Ins on the target computers match
the Add-Ins on your computer. In a sprdsht click ~Tools ~Add-Ins and
note that certain boxes (notably Analysis Tool-pak) are selected on
your machine. If the recipients' machines are not similarly checked
your formulas will not always work for them. Whether that would cause
the result to show as zero is a little troublesome and leads me to
think this may NOT be the problem, but it's worthwhile to check.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are the formulas evaluating as zero or are the cell contents being replaced
with 0. Did you recently upgrade any of your office software?

If the array formula is evaluating as zero, that might be casued by it
reverting to a standard formula which could evaluate as zero. This can be
fixed by going to each formula and instead of hitting enter at the end, hit
CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER. As to why this would happen after being emailed, I don't
know.

" wrote:

At work, using Excel 2002 and Outlook 2002 . . . I have a
reasonable-size spreadsheet with several array formulas. Until
recently, they'd appear properly in recipients' systems after e-mailing
and opening. Now, these array formulas are replaced by the number zero
.. . . not quite as useful. This appears to be true whether the
recipient is in our e-mail domain or external.

As a band-aid, I know I can do the "ctrl-v - Edit|Paste Special|Values"
thing, but I'd like to see about getting back to the old way.

Is this likely to be a "feature" of Outlook, or some virus scan
reconfiguration, or something else? Any pointers are welcome.

Thanks -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

First Dave O wrote:
One idea: check to see that the Add-Ins on the target computers match
the Add-Ins on your computer. In a sprdsht click ~Tools ~Add-Ins and
note that certain boxes (notably Analysis Tool-pak) are selected on
your machine. If the recipients' machines are not similarly checked
your formulas will not always work for them.

I've not done an exhaustive survey of the recipients, but on this end
no boxes are checked on Tools|Add-Ins. I don't recall that any of
these needed to be checked for array formulas to work, and Excel Help
is silent on this subject.

And Rayo K later wrote:
Are the formulas evaluating as zero or are the cell contents being replaced
with 0. Did you recently upgrade any of your office software?

The contents are actually being replaced with the number zero. There
were no upgrades that I know of, but many things can be transacted out
of view of the user community.