Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Insert spreadsheet - without changing appearance?

I'm trying to insert ranges from a spreadsheet that has very distinct
row sizes and colors - but the part that is appearing in my Word
document is very different. It has NO color, and it is changing the row
and column sizes.

How do I block this behavior? The sizes I have in the spreadsheet fit
exactly in the area I need to paste it in.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The best way to get a formatted Excel range into a Word doc and preserve all
the details of formattting is to:

1. Select the range in Excel to be copied
2. While holding down the SHFT key, pull-down:
Edit Copy Picture
3. In Word paste normally.

You will have a picture in the Word doc. It will accurately represent the
Excel Range formatting. Also since its a picture, I can be re-sized or moved
like any other picture in a Word doc.
--
Gary's Student

"Lizardo" wrote:

I'm trying to insert ranges from a spreadsheet that has very distinct
row sizes and colors - but the part that is appearing in my Word
document is very different. It has NO color, and it is changing the row
and column sizes.

How do I block this behavior? The sizes I have in the spreadsheet fit
exactly in the area I need to paste it in.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I probably should have indicated that I am doing this programatically -
within a Visual Basic program. I'm doing a Range.InsertFile and it's
changing the appearance. Since I am doing about 500 of these, I can't
do a Cut and Paste.

"Lizardo" wrote:

I'm trying to insert ranges from a spreadsheet that has very distinct
row sizes and colors - but the part that is appearing in my Word
document is very different. It has NO color, and it is changing the row
and column sizes.

How do I block this behavior? The sizes I have in the spreadsheet fit
exactly in the area I need to paste it in.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use €śPAST LINK€ť in Word.
With Excel and Word running and your documents/sheets open in each program.
Set up the Excel sheet CELLS how you want them to look, colors, lines, ect,
then select all cells to be copied to Word and click copy, switch to your
Word document. Then in Word document, at the spot you want to insert the
cells, click PAST - SPECIAL. In the past special window select €śMicrosoft
Excel Worksheet Object€ť and click on the €śPast as Link€ť button. All your
formatting will be copied into Word.
Further any changes you make in the Excel sheet will be reflected in the
word document as well as long as they are both opened. If you make changes to
the Excel file when Word in not open, then later open only the Word file you
will be ask if you want to update the chances that were made to the Excel
file.
Also if you want to move or resize the cells in WORD, Right click on the
cell area and click on format object, you can change how it interacts with
your text, position and so on. Give it a try and let me know how it works for
you.

In terms of the VB project are you looking for a code to do this?
Good Luck
Dan
Please rate this response, thank you!

"Lizardo" wrote:

I'm trying to insert ranges from a spreadsheet that has very distinct
row sizes and colors - but the part that is appearing in my Word
document is very different. It has NO color, and it is changing the row
and column sizes.

How do I block this behavior? The sizes I have in the spreadsheet fit
exactly in the area I need to paste it in.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I do this from a VB program - so technically, the programs are not
"open", nor is it practical to involve anything that requires any user
content. I'm trying to create a few hundred documents via a program, so
cut and paste is not going to work. If I have to resize anything, it
has to be done in code - there's not going to be any user interaction
with these documents. I am going to run a program and they will all be
created.

So far, the ranges are pasted in gray-scale, and this is odd to me. I
can't figure out why it is doing that. Further, it is adjusting all of
my cell sizes and the resulting reports have all of their data pushed
and adjusted - it doesn't look right. I need to see if there's a way to
secure the appearance of the range or what setting I am overlooking.

danielocope wrote:
Use "PAST LINK" in Word.
With Excel and Word running and your documents/sheets open in each program.
Set up the Excel sheet CELLS how you want them to look, colors, lines, ect,
then select all cells to be copied to Word and click copy, switch to your
Word document. Then in Word document, at the spot you want to insert the
cells, click PAST - SPECIAL. In the past special window select "Microsoft
Excel Worksheet Object" and click on the "Past as Link" button. All your