Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lizardo Lizardo is offline

Default Insert spreadsheet - without changing appearance?

I probably should have indicated that I am doing this programatically -
within a Visual Basic program. I'm doing a Range.InsertFile and it's
changing the appearance. Since I am doing about 500 of these, I can't
do a Cut and Paste.

Gary''s Student wrote:
The best way to get a formatted Excel range into a Word doc and preserve all
the details of formattting is to:

1. Select the range in Excel to be copied
2. While holding down the SHFT key, pull-down:
Edit Copy Picture
3. In Word paste normally.

You will have a picture in the Word doc. It will accurately represent the
Excel Range formatting. Also since its a picture, I can be re-sized or moved
like any other picture in a Word doc.
--
Gary's Student

"Lizardo" wrote:

I'm trying to insert ranges from a spreadsheet that has very distinct
row sizes and colors - but the part that is appearing in my Word
document is very different. It has NO color, and it is changing the row
and column sizes.

How do I block this behavior? The sizes I have in the spreadsheet fit
exactly in the area I need to paste it in.