Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Ranking

Hi, I need some help...

I have a database with two columns - A and the B - and want to get the data
of the column A (not repeated) with the lesser value of column B.

Best Regards,

Sandra Bárbara
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sandra,

Use a Pivot Table: Select the table, then choose Data / Pivot Table.... and click Finish. Then
drag the column A header to the Row Fields area, and the column B header to the data fields area,
right-click on the column B header tab on the pivot table, choose Field Settings, and choose Min.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"SBárbara" wrote in message
Hi, I need some help...

I have a database with two columns - A and the B - and want to get the data
of the column A (not repeated) with the lesser value of column B.

Best Regards,

Sandra Bárbara

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sandra

That Pivot Table stuff may be what you are looking for, but I think you
wanted something a bit easer to understand, if not OK pivot away, if so try
this simple formula in column C,,
=IF(B2<=A2,A2,0)
=if the number in B2 is greater than the number in A2 show the number in A2
other wise show 0.

Good Luck
Dan
Please rate this response, thank you!

"SBárbara" wrote:

Hi, I need some help...

I have a database with two columns - A and the B - and want to get the data
of the column A (not repeated) with the lesser value of column B.

Best Regards,

Sandra Bárbara

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am sending an example in attach. For each "prova" i need to get the lesser
time and the name of the person who has this time. Can you help me?

Prova Atleta Tempo
50 m Livres Adriano José Ramos 00:45,82
50 m Costas Alexandra Alves Vieira 00:58,89
100 m Costas Alexandra Machado 01:51,44
100 m Costas Alexandra Machado 01:46,21
100 m Livres Alexandra Machado 01:45,75

Regards,