Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default ranking problem

I work in an exam dept. and I have scores for 4 questions. Each score has to
be converted and I use % function. After I convert the scores, I use the sum
function for the total. Once I get the total, I use the ranking function for
ranks. The problem is even though I applied the same formulas in the
spreadsheet, some which have same scores came out with different ranking and
some scores with the same ranking. I have checked all the cells and they are
all the same. If I copy that total column and paste it back as values, then
I get the same ranking for the same scores. I'm using Office EXCEL 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

We need more details about the conversion formulas and the ranking formula.
What is % about?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme