Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can I consolidate one work sheet from several workbooks? A few oth

Hello,

I have several workbooks. In each workbook are several worksheets. All
worksheets in all workbooks are identical. Each workbook contains one Roll-Up
worksheet that consolidates all the worksheets in the workbook. I need to
consolidate all of these consolidated worksheets into a new workbook. How can
I make this happen? When I use the consolidate feature, Excel tells me, "No
data conslidated" Any thoughts?

Can I refresh my conslidated workbooks? Or does using the consolidate
feature require that it be recalcuated every time the various worksheets
change?

All my calculations are conducted by each worksheet. Only raw data needs to
be consolidated. I have a particular data range for this. I did this because
I'm afraid of rounding errors generated by summing calcuations, versus one
single calcuation. Is that logic sound?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can I consolidate one work sheet from several workbooks? A few

Thank you for the information Ron. Unfortunately, I cannot use macros or
other code due to security risks. I was able to get excel to consolidate
everything. So, I don't need to get too crazy.

I still need two sets of qeustions answered though.

1. When conslidating (function = sum), does Excel only take data fields or
does it grab all data including output from formulas? I have two sets of
data with calculations between them. Can I grab the data in one consolidation
or do I have to run two consolidations?

2. Is there a way to refresh consolidations. I can't find a way to refresh
my conslidations, which means that to refresh them you have to input all
fields again. Not a big deal to me, but a headache for the people that'll be
using these workbooks. I thought I read about a refresh method using
something under the "view" options. Any thoughts?

Thank you

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi LT Duncan

You can use a code example to do this
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"LT Duncan" <LT wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

consolidating

Sorry, never use it because it is never doing what I want.
I always use code so I am in control.