Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can adobe files be converted to Tif?

Is it possible to convert an adobe or word file into tif format? Or do I need
to by a software to do it?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Shapiro

Posting this is a Word or Adobe forum would likely yield an answer. This is
an Excel one

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"shapiro" wrote in message
Is it possible to convert an adobe or word file into tif format? Or do I
need
to by a software to do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not sure why you posted it here on an Excel group.
In Adobe Acrobat use the Camera tool, use left click and Save to Clipboard
Open you favourite graphics app and do Paste
Now do Save As and specify TIFF
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"shapiro" wrote in message
Is it possible to convert an adobe or word file into tif format? Or do I
need
to by a software to do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Nick and Bernard,
I am afraid I meant can an excel and or adobe file be converted to tiff. I
was trying to use this OCR reader on website http://www.simpleocr.com/Demo/
but realised that the document must not only be in tif format but Images
should be black and white or 256 shades of gray TIFF files with a minimum of
200 dpi resolution, 300 dpi is optimal, and should be 200K or less in size.
Guess I'll just look around for a good scanner with OCR capabilities.