Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Individual cell selection in a range

Is there some way to highlight a range of cells and have each cell as a
seperate selection? I know I can hold down the ctrl and select the
individually. If you use shift and select a range it gives you just one
big range. I would like each cell to be a seperate selection. Some one
told me that this can be done but did not remember how.

THanks
Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Scott,

Why? I cannot think of any case where this would be preferable to "one big range"

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Riddler" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there some way to highlight a range of cells and have each cell as a
seperate selection? I know I can hold down the ctrl and select the
individually. If you use shift and select a range it gives you just one
big range. I would like each cell to be a seperate selection. Some one
told me that this can be done but did not remember how.

THanks
Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Someone just asked me if it is was possible. They said they had seen it
done before.
A example where this could be used is if you wanted to put a bold
border around each cell in a range and wanted to use the border icon.

Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Scott,

AFAIK, it isn't possible. But to put a bold border around each cell in a block of cells, select the
cells and use:

Format / Cells... Border tab, select the bold line, click "Inside", then click "Outside"

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

oups.com...