-   -   Individual cell selection in a range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/121988-individual-cell-selection-range.html)

Riddler

Individual cell selection in a range

Is there some way to highlight a range of cells and have each cell as a
seperate selection? I know I can hold down the ctrl and select the
individually. If you use shift and select a range it gives you just one
big range. I would like each cell to be a seperate selection. Some one
told me that this can be done but did not remember how.

THanks
Scott

Bernie Deitrick

Individual cell selection in a range

Scott,

Why? I cannot think of any case where this would be preferable to "one big range"

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Riddler" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there some way to highlight a range of cells and have each cell as a
seperate selection? I know I can hold down the ctrl and select the
individually. If you use shift and select a range it gives you just one
big range. I would like each cell to be a seperate selection. Some one
told me that this can be done but did not remember how.

THanks
Scott

Riddler

Individual cell selection in a range

Someone just asked me if it is was possible. They said they had seen it
done before.
A example where this could be used is if you wanted to put a bold
border around each cell in a range and wanted to use the border icon.

Scott

Bernie Deitrick

Individual cell selection in a range

Scott,

AFAIK, it isn't possible. But to put a bold border around each cell in a block of cells, select the
cells and use:

Format / Cells... Border tab, select the bold line, click "Inside", then click "Outside"

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

oups.com...