Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Break phantom link

I have link that shows up in Edit Links dialog box. When I click Break Link
button, a warnig dialog tells me "breaking links permanently..blah blah
blah". Click Break Links does nothing - the link is still there. I have tried
to search across the workbook for "[", but find nothing. I can't download any
utilities mentioned in the forum because my workstation is completely locked
down. Is there a way out?

Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi MSPLearner

Try this macro

Sub Break_Links_To_other_Excel_Workbooks()
'This example convert formulas that point to another Excel workbook to
values
'It will not convert other Excel formulas to values.
'Note that BreakLink is added in Excel 2002
Dim WorkbookLinks As Variant
Dim wb As Workbook
Dim i As Long

Set wb = ActiveWorkbook

WorkbookLinks = wb.LinkSources(Type:=xlLinkTypeExcelLinks)
If IsArray(WorkbookLinks) Then
For i = LBound(WorkbookLinks) To UBound(WorkbookLinks)
wb.BreakLink _
Name:=WorkbookLinks(i), _
Type:=xlLinkTypeExcelLinks
Next i