Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formatting Imported Text

I have downloaded information that needs to be formatted so it can fit on one
page. Is there a way to get lengthy text to wrap within a cell and have the
cell height automatically adjust? I know I can alt-enter to get a hard
return within a cell, but I have multiple documents to be downloaded and
formatted so if there's a quick and easy was to format all at once I'd like
to know.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Import the information, then select the entire sheet by left clicking on the
gray box at the top left side of the sheet just above the row numbers. Once
the sheet is selected select Format... Cells... Click the "Alignment" tab,
check "Wrap Text", click OK. Then while the complete sheet is still
selected, select Format... Row... Autofit.

If you want to print on a single page width, Select File... Page Setup...
In the scaling section, click the Radio Button next to "Fit to:" then delet
the "1" in the tall field. Click OK. You sheet is not formatted to print on
1 page wide by as many as it needs tall.

Regards...