Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Advanced Filter: Inverse

Hi,

I want to filter a list of data whereby it is the exception, ie, text<aaa
AND text<bbb AND text<ccc. I tried the following but could not. Please help.
**************************
text text text
<aaa
<bbb
<ccc
**************************
and I also tried this:
**************************
text
<aaa
<bbb
<ccc
**************************

Is this wrong?

Thanks,
Val
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Assuming text is running in col A, in A2 down
Put in say, E2:
=IF(A2="","",IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2,{"aaaa","bbb","c cc"},0)),"",1))
Copy E2 down, then autofilter col E for 1's to get the exceptions
--
Max
Singapore
"Dolphin" wrote:
Hi,

I want to filter a list of data whereby it is the exception, ie, text<aaa
AND text<bbb AND text<ccc. I tried the following but could not. Please help.
**************************
text text text
<aaa
<bbb
<ccc
**************************
and I also tried this:
**************************
text
<aaa
<bbb
<ccc
**************************

Is this wrong?

Thanks,
Val

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dear Max,
You have solved my many problem in this forum. Now I have problem.

I have three work sheets Named "paintings", "Silver", and "Textiles". These
are Invetory record. It have Column like-

ID No. Name of Item Pur_Cost

Every sheet's ID No. Start from 001

I submit daily report to my boss that particular item sold and its purchase
cost was this and sale value is this and gross profit/loss is this.

My Daily Sales report's format is -

A B C
ID No. Name of Item Cost_price Sale_price
001 Paintings =Formula()
001 Textiles
001 Silver
002 Textiles
003 Silver
003 Paintings

I want to use a formula in Column C that could determine cost value from
related worksheet after matching ID No. and Name of sheet

Hope u only can help me.

Regards

RRS