Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default error message - no clue what it is about

When I use tools-- options--- edit tab in MS excel it gives an error:
The number must be between 1 and 32767. Try again by entering a number in
that range.

I have no numbers out of this.. What could be the reason for this error?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would say, select fixed decimal places, enter the number 2 in the box and
then de-select the option

--
HTH
Nick Hodge