Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default String Manipulation within VBA

In VBA, you can use the .Characters(...).Font statement to change the Name,
FontStyle, Size, etc. of individual characters in a cell. Is there any way
to do the same with a character string in VBA without first placing it into a
cell?

Example - in the string "ABCDEFG", if I want the 'B' to be green, the 'D' to
have a font size of 12, and the 'F' to have the font name 'Symbol', I can put
the string into a cell and then set the individual characters. But can I
take the string inside VBA and do the same, without first placing it into a
cell?

--
Bill @ UAMS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can't apply any of these properties to a string in VBA, it's basically
just a string of ASCII values. You have to put the string into the cell, so
that you have an object (a character in a cell is an object) with properties
to manipulate.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP