Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default String Manipulation within VBA

You can't apply any of these properties to a string in VBA, it's basically
just a string of ASCII values. You have to put the string into the cell, so
that you have an object (a character in a cell is an object) with properties
to manipulate.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"BillCPA" <Bill @ UAMS wrote in message
In VBA, you can use the .Characters(...).Font statement to change the
Name,
FontStyle, Size, etc. of individual characters in a cell. Is there any
way
to do the same with a character string in VBA without first placing it
into a
cell?

Example - in the string "ABCDEFG", if I want the 'B' to be green, the 'D'
have a font size of 12, and the 'F' to have the font name 'Symbol', I can
put
the string into a cell and then set the individual characters. But can I
take the string inside VBA and do the same, without first placing it into
cell?

--
Bill @ UAMS