Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Default Can't access the newsgroups

Hi All...........
At work I access the Excel Newsgroups via the Microsoft communites
discussion site. Our MIS dept won't let us get Newsgroups on OE. The last
2 days I have been unable to access the groups.........I can get there, and
see the list of headers, but cannot see the individual messages, and get a
"Error on Page" message. I sent Microsoft an email, but you know how that
goes.........Is there some problem with the site, or maybe a switch that a
new update set as default for me, or might this be some new "security"
blessing that MIS has bestowed on me?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Chuck,
I use Outlook Express, but I just tried the Microsoft site
(from home, on XP) and this post shows up and can be read in the Excel
General Questions group. I don't see a Misc. group which is the group
this message shows up in OE???
For what it is worth, here is the direct link...

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=US

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"CLR" wrote in message ...
Hi All...........
At work I access the Excel Newsgroups via the Microsoft communites
discussion site. Our MIS dept won't let us get Newsgroups on OE. The last
2 days I have been unable to access the groups.........I can get there, and
see the list of headers, but cannot see the individual messages, and get a
"Error on Page" message. I sent Microsoft an email, but you know how that
goes.........Is there some problem with the site, or maybe a switch that a
new update set as default for me, or might this be some new "security"
blessing that MIS has bestowed on me?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Chuck

I had the same thing happening on Sun and most of Mon, then things started
to work and have been since then. It is my assumption that they were doing
something on their end and got it straightened out. It was not on my end
because I tried on three machines and got the same result all three times.
Seems to work for me now!!!!

Mike Rogers

Hope this sheds some light!!!
"CLR" wrote:

Hi All...........
At work I access the Excel Newsgroups via the Microsoft communites
discussion site. Our MIS dept won't let us get Newsgroups on OE. The last
2 days I have been unable to access the groups.........I can get there, and
see the list of headers, but cannot see the individual messages, and get a
"Error on Page" message. I sent Microsoft an email, but you know how that
goes.........Is there some problem with the site, or maybe a switch that a
new update set as default for me, or might this be some new "security"
blessing that MIS has bestowed on me?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Thanks Jim.........
I hope it works tomorrow..........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Jim Cone" wrote in message
Hi Chuck,
I use Outlook Express, but I just tried the Microsoft site
(from home, on XP) and this post shows up and can be read in the Excel
General Questions group. I don't see a Misc. group which is the group
this message shows up in OE???
For what it is worth, here is the direct link...

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...aspx?dg=micros
oft.public.excel.misc&cat=en_US_34a4dcef-6aac-414e-9881-2ba33de8be2f&lang=en
&cr=US

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"CLR" wrote in message

Hi All...........
At work I access the Excel Newsgroups via the Microsoft communites
discussion site. Our MIS dept won't let us get Newsgroups on OE. The

last
2 days I have been unable to access the groups.........I can get there,

and
see the list of headers, but cannot see the individual messages, and get a
"Error on Page" message. I sent Microsoft an email, but you know how

that
goes.........Is there some problem with the site, or maybe a switch that a
new update set as default for me, or might this be some new "security"
blessing that MIS has bestowed on me?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Thanks Mike........
At least I know now that I'm not alone.........hopefully tomorrow they will
be back in gear.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"CLR" wrote:

Hi All...........
At work I access the Excel Newsgroups via the Microsoft communites
discussion site. Our MIS dept won't let us get Newsgroups on OE. The

last
2 days I have been unable to access the groups.........I can get there,

and
see the list of headers, but cannot see the individual messages, and get

"Error on Page" message. I sent Microsoft an email, but you know how

that
goes.........Is there some problem with the site, or maybe a switch that

new update set as default for me, or might this be some new "security"
blessing that MIS has bestowed on me?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I ran into the same problem on one of my computers. My laptop, however, had
no troubles, which led me to believe the problem was with my desktop, not
Microsoft. After trying several different things, what finally seemed to
clear up the problem was emptying cookies and deleting temp internet files.
Now everything's back to normal.

HTH,
Elkar

"CLR" wrote:

Hi All...........
At work I access the Excel Newsgroups via the Microsoft communites
discussion site. Our MIS dept won't let us get Newsgroups on OE. The last
2 days I have been unable to access the groups.........I can get there, and
see the list of headers, but cannot see the individual messages, and get a
"Error on Page" message. I sent Microsoft an email, but you know how that
goes.........Is there some problem with the site, or maybe a switch that a
new update set as default for me, or might this be some new "security"
blessing that MIS has bestowed on me?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I noticed the same thing. It didn't matter if if was Win 2000 or Win XP,
didn't matter if it was IE6 or IE7 or even Firefox.

All is good now.
--
Gary's Student

"CLR" wrote:

Hi All...........
At work I access the Excel Newsgroups via the Microsoft communites
discussion site. Our MIS dept won't let us get Newsgroups on OE. The last
2 days I have been unable to access the groups.........I can get there, and
see the list of headers, but cannot see the individual messages, and get a
"Error on Page" message. I sent Microsoft an email, but you know how that
goes.........Is there some problem with the site, or maybe a switch that a
new update set as default for me, or might this be some new "security"
blessing that MIS has bestowed on me?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Thanks also to everybody else who passed along their
input..........hopefully when I get to work tomorrow, all will be
good.........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"CLR" wrote in message
Hi All...........
At work I access the Excel Newsgroups via the Microsoft communites
discussion site. Our MIS dept won't let us get Newsgroups on OE. The

last
2 days I have been unable to access the groups.........I can get there,

and
see the list of headers, but cannot see the individual messages, and get a
"Error on Page" message. I sent Microsoft an email, but you know how

that
goes.........Is there some problem with the site, or maybe a switch that a
new update set as default for me, or might this be some new "security"
blessing that MIS has bestowed on me?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Hi All..........
I got to work a couple of hours ago and the newsgroup was still the same as
yesterday...not working.......even after you all responded that yours was
back to working............I did have an email return from Microsoft saying

" Perhaps what you experienced was a temporary issue which has now been
resolved. Please try again at this time, and if you encounter the same error,
please do not hesitate to write back."

Well I did, of course, and just now a few minutes ago I checked again and
it's all seems to be working now........so, I'll hold my breath and see for
how long.

Oh, one other thing, while all this was going on, I did not receive any
notifications by email that my posts had been responded to either.

Thanks again everyone for helping me check up on this.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3