Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel XP help - entering large numbers

Pleeeese help.

I have a spreadsheet which I am using to store serial numbers along with
other mathematical information. The problem I am having is when I enter a
serial number with sixteen digits it changes the last digit to a 0.
seventeen digits changes the last two digits to 0s and so on. Is these
anyway to stop this happening without changing the cell formatting to text.
The current cell format is number with no decimals.

Big G
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As it is not a 'number' prefix it with a single apostrophe. It will not show
but will be treated as text.

Numbers in Excel over 15 digits, will be treated as zeroes

--
HTH
Nick Hodge