Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Smoothing Line Graphs - Excel 2000

I am working on an elevation comparison on a coastal region and trying to
display the differences on Excel. While I have easily displayed the two
elevations in a line graph, it is not easy on the eyes. There is so much
change in the data the lines are rough and compact.

Is there any way, aside from expanding the size of the graph or eliminating
data, to make the lines smoother or more presentable?

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7...000lineua7.jpg

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Did you look at his chart? Using smoothed lines is a dubious approach to
charting in any case, but it will not help at all with the OP's data.

Try using a moving average of the data. You could construct your own
averages in the worksheet, or add a trendline (Chart menu) that consists of
a moving average of a user-defined number of points.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions