Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default validation list

If I create a validation list in one cell, how do I copy the same exact
validation list to another cell without losing one of the items on the
drop-down list? When I try to copy it deletes one item automatically.

Thanks in advance!

Rhonda Randolph
Medical University of South Carolina
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Rhonda,

You could always try 'Named' ranges. Ie, in rows a1:a3 Spidey, Uncle Bob,
Hulk , go to insert-name-define, and name it myheroes
in the cell that you wish to have a drop down, data validation, and ilo a
cell range, type in myheroes.