Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Drop down list - copy from different workbook - Name duplication e

I have a workbook which is one worksheet to be used and distributed as a
template, filled out, and copied back into the master workbook which contains
many identical templates on differently named worksheets. Each template
corresponds to one account in the master workbook. about 100 cells on that
template is in drop-down validation form. The Master and the template each
have the same validation rules, named lists, etc.

The problem is that when I copy the template over the corresponding
worksheet in the master, I get the " a formula or sheet you want to copy
contains the name "Brand" which already exists on the destination worksheet .
.. ."

I know what that error means, and since all of the names and corresponding
values are the same in both workbooks, I want to answer yes - use the name
from the destination sheet. However, the error pops up 100 times - once for
each affected cell. There is no "yes to all" option here.

Is there a way I can by-pass this error or have Excel choose yes in each
instance?

Pasting values only is not an option, because other values on the same sheet
must be preserved as formulae.