Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Time format - problems with calculation

I am trying to make a sheet were I can calculate the amount of hours from
start to finish.

In A1 I put in the start time 08:00
In A2 I put in the end time 16:00
In A3 I put in a formula =A2-A1 and the anwer that is returned is 08:00 (8
hours).

When I try to mulitply the result A3 (08:00) with a timely rate of 200 the
result is wrong. And when I try to format the result 08:00 into normal
standard number - the number is set to 0,333333

How can I make Excel undertand that the time from 08:00 to 16:00 should be 8
(hours) so I can use this in caluculations??

Kathrine
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

=A3*24*TimelyRate

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )