Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dar Dar is offline

Default Month formula

Is it possible to have a Month formula in a custom header, so that as the new
month begins, the header will display the Name of the Month.
Example, =Text(Today(),"mmmm") will show December right now in a cell, and
when January arrives, will show January.
But I want somehow to have the Month show up in the header, since others
will be using the worksheet and don't want to have to change the header
themselves.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could have a dedicated macro that you run once a month to update the
header--or you could change the header each time you open the file (or even each
time you print the file).

This changes the header each time the workbook is opened--whether it needs it or
not:

Option Explicit
Sub Auto_Open()

Dim wks As Worksheet

Set wks = Worksheets("Sheet1")

With wks.PageSetup
.CenterHeader = Format(Date, "mmmm")
End With
End Sub

I'd record a macro that formatted that header the exact way that I want it. Use
XXXXX as the month name and replace "XXXXX" in the recorded code with
Format(date,"mmmm").

If you need help post back with your current code.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dar Dar is offline

That worked perfectly. Now one last thing. I have 12 other tabs
(worksheets) that the macro should cycle through. Can you add the code for
that.
I know it should be something that has
For Each sh............
Thanks.

Dar wrote:

Is it possible to have a Month formula in a custom header, so that as the new
month begins, the header will display the Name of the Month.
Example, =Text(Today(),"mmmm") will show December right now in a cell, and
when January arrives, will show January.
But I want somehow to have the Month show up in the header, since others
will be using the worksheet and don't want to have to change the header
themselves.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The one I presented will do it for all sheets everytime you print.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

Dar wrote:

Is it possible to have a Month formula in a custom header, so that as
the new
month begins, the header will display the Name of the Month.
Example, =Text(Today(),"mmmm") will show December right now in a cell,
and
when January arrives, will show January.
But I want somehow to have the Month show up in the header, since
others
will be using the worksheet and don't want to have to change the header
themselves.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dar Dar is offline

I have named the worksheets (FA2E), (FA2W), etc. When I leave the macro as
is (Sheet1) I get an error, subscript out of range. When I change Sheet1 to
FA2E, which happens to be sheet1, it works.

Dar wrote:

Is it possible to have a Month formula in a custom header, so that as
the new
month begins, the header will display the Name of the Month.
Example, =Text(Today(),"mmmm") will show December right now in a cell,
and
when January arrives, will show January.
But I want somehow to have the Month show up in the header, since
others
will be using the worksheet and don't want to have to change the header
themselves.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

sheet1
or
sheets("fa2e")

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

[...]

If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro
at:

Dar wrote:

Is it possible to have a Month formula in a custom header, so that
as
the new
month begins, the header will display the Name of the Month.
Example, =Text(Today(),"mmmm") will show December right now in a
cell,
and
when January arrives, will show January.
But I want somehow to have the Month show up in the header, since
others
will be using the worksheet and don't want to have to change the
header
themselves.

--

Dave Peterson