Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to hide a macros/functions from excel sheets

Hi all,

I am in need of help regarding Excel sheets and Vb.NET,

I am having a application which creates some sheets on click of button
present in the main sheet. These operations are coded and kept in the
application directory as a excel file say "Base.Xls"

I use VB.NET to create the copy of this xls file when ever user is creating
a input skelton for the work that to be done. This is just a file.saveas
method or workbook.saveas method.

Now I am including some buttons to do specific jobs in excel sheet. And the
macros/functions subroutine also in excel sheet using VB Script editor. Now
my question is

How can i hide the code which is used for those newly inserted buttons so
that the user will not see in the Vb Script editor and cannot change the same.

Please help me friends
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think you are asking how to hide the VBA code in a workbook so that a user
cannot see it. Is that right?
If so, go to the VBE. Click on Tools - VBAProject Properties.
Go to the Protection tab. Check the "Lock project for viewing".
Type in the password and click OK.
Done.
Be aware that Excel is not intended to be a secure platform and it simply is
not written that way.
The various security measures that are built-in into Excel are in there to
keep you from making a mistake or to keep the casual user from seeing some
things. Anyone with Excel knowledge can break whatever security system you
come up with. With the casual user, the security measures of Excel work
fine. HTH Otto