Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Create a layout for a warehouse

I need to create a layout of the lights in a warehouse, the lights are being
replaced and I need to be able to track the lights as they are changed. Any
suggestions, ideas or help would be appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

First................grab a clipboard, paper and pencil.

Second..............wander around warehouse and make a list of all lights by
location.

Number these 1 through whatever.

Start Excel and open a new workbook.

Transfer the data to the worksheet..........numbers in Column A, location in
Column B.

In column C, which is titled "Date Changed" enter the date when you change any
of the lights.

To enter the current date in a cell, hit CTRL + ;(semi-colon)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 17:06:00 -0800, David J <David
wrote:

I need to create a layout of the lights in a warehouse, the lights are being
replaced and I need to be able to track the lights as they are changed. Any
suggestions, ideas or help would be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Not exactly sure what you are wanting, but if a picture diagram, then set
all of the column widths to 1.71 wide. This will form little squres of the
cells..........then use CellBorders to form walls and partitions, and
Drawing Object circles or rectangles to form the lights........position them
according to the "grid" which might be considered 1 foot
squares..........should provide a fairly accurate map.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"David J" <David wrote in message
I need to create a layout of the lights in a warehouse, the lights are

being
replaced and I need to be able to track the lights as they are changed.

Any
suggestions, ideas or help would be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I wish that I had 1/4 of the amount of wisdom you have shown here in this
forum, and then I wouldn't have so many questions. This can only come from:

1. Desire to learn
2. Having the reason to learn
3. Spending the time to learn
4. Researching
5. Advice of knowledgeable people who have been there before and are willing
(like you) to impart that advice €“ and instead of saying, €œHey Stupid, try
=(Whatever)€, but are willing to give examples.

I am amazed when I see people like you, who are have the patience to help
out a new person who sees a formula, but doesnt understand it and hopes to
find a person that says, €œHey, Ive been there before and I am willing to
help.€

Indeed, you have helped me more than you can know.

"CLR" wrote:

Not exactly sure what you are wanting, but if a picture diagram, then set
all of the column widths to 1.71 wide. This will form little squres of the
cells..........then use CellBorders to form walls and partitions, and
Drawing Object circles or rectangles to form the lights........position them
according to the "grid" which might be considered 1 foot
squares..........should provide a fairly accurate map.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"David J" <David wrote in message
I need to create a layout of the lights in a warehouse, the lights are

being
replaced and I need to be able to track the lights as they are changed.

Any
suggestions, ideas or help would be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Speaking for all the Responders, (for these kind words are theirs as well as
mine), I thank you for your post. When I first started coming to these
Excel Newsgroups, I was in great need of help. The kind Responders took me
in and helped me greatly, but more importantly helped me to learn how to do
some things myself. Now, I can only slightly return their favors by helping
some newer folks myself.

The challenge of deciphering what the OP's really want, researching for an
answer, and presenting it in a manner coincident with their skills, is
indeed rewarding...for it usually teaches us as well as helps the OP. And,
when someone like yourself takes the time to express their appreciation for
our efforts, well, that makes it even nicer. These Microsoft Excel
Newsgroups are indeed something special, for some days we are the "students"
, and some days we are the "teachers"..but in either case we take away
something special.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Trackeous" wrote in message
I wish that I had 1/4 of the amount of wisdom you have shown here in this
forum, and then I wouldn't have so many questions. This can only come

from:

1. Desire to learn
2. Having the reason to learn
3. Spending the time to learn
4. Researching
5. Advice of knowledgeable people who have been there before and are

willing
(like you) to impart that advice - and instead of saying, "Hey Stupid, try
=(Whatever)", but are willing to give examples.

I am amazed when I see people like you, who are have the patience to help
out a new person who sees a formula, but doesn't understand it and hopes

find a person that says, "Hey, I've been there before and I am willing to