Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sums & Deleting Columns

I have a spreadsheet that totals figures on horizontal rows. However,
some of the columns are deleted on a weekly basis. Th emain problem I
have with this is the sum calculations...everytime a column is deleted,
the sum calculation decreases by one column. I need the calculation to
remain static.

e.g. my sum says =SUM(H4:K4)

If I delete column H, this formula changes to =SUM(H4:J4), when I need
it to stay at =SUM(H4:K4)

I've tried absolute cell references etc, but I can't get it to work.

Anyone any ideas?

TIA

Duncs

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=SUM(INDIRECT("H4:K4"))

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Duncs" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a spreadsheet that totals figures on horizontal rows. However,
some of the columns are deleted on a weekly basis. Th emain problem I
have with this is the sum calculations...everytime a column is deleted,
the sum calculation decreases by one column. I need the calculation to
remain static.

e.g. my sum says =SUM(H4:K4)

If I delete column H, this formula changes to =SUM(H4:J4), when I need
it to stay at =SUM(H4:K4)

I've tried absolute cell references etc, but I can't get it to work.

Anyone any ideas?

TIA

Duncs

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc