Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default CSV Export Question

Hi,

I'm needing help with a CSV file that is to be transferred from Excel. There
are two (2) columns - one with a MMMYYYY (Dec2006) format and the other with
a XX-XX format (01-41).

The problem is when I open the CSV file, the MMM column comes out as MMM-YY
(Dec-06) and the XX coumn comes out as MMM-YY (Jan-41).

I have saved the format as Custom for the first column and the second as a
text but they still come out the way described.

Is there anything I need to change in the default values to prevent this
from happening? Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How about renaming the .csv file to .txt?

Then when you open that .txt file, you'll be able to specify how you want each
field treated (in the text import wizard).

--

Dave Peterson