Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Averaging

I have a column of numbers in a worksheet that are the result of a formula.
At the bottom of my table I have a cell that contains an average of the
numbers in the previously mentioned column. The worksheet is now full and I
have set-up another worksheet in the same workbook. This new worksheet is a
copy of the first with all the same formulas in place.
What I would like to do is continue the averaging in the cell at the bottom
of the new worksheet. I have not been able to do this as all it is averaging
are the new values in the column on the second worksheet.
Can someone assist me with a way I can continuing the averaging over the two
worksheets.

--
Steven.

In God we trust, all others we virus scan.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 10:06:00 -0800, elusiverunner
wrote:

I have a column of numbers in a worksheet that are the result of a formula.
At the bottom of my table I have a cell that contains an average of the
numbers in the previously mentioned column. The worksheet is now full and I
have set-up another worksheet in the same workbook. This new worksheet is a
copy of the first with all the same formulas in place.
What I would like to do is continue the averaging in the cell at the bottom
of the new worksheet. I have not been able to do this as all it is averaging
are the new values in the column on the second worksheet.
Can someone assist me with a way I can continuing the averaging over the two
worksheets.

Change the range in the AVERAGE to include the values on both sheets.

DO NOT JUST TRY AND INCLUDE THE average FROM THE FIRST SHEET -- THAT WILL
GIVE THE WRONG RESULT!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assume you want to average Sheet1A1:A10 and Sheet2A1:A10 with the formula
being on Sheet2 in cell A15:

=AVERAGE(Sheet1!A1:A10,A1:A10)

Biff

"elusiverunner" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I use the Insert Function Average Method because it allows you to Average
Books or sheets and produces an Average formula in the cell you select for
the answer location.