Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2002 : How to segregate text into columns ?

Dear Sir ,

I have the folowing text at Cell A2:A3 It is copied from MS Outlook and MS
Word to the spreadsheet.

A B
C D

2 2120 John 21478954 9/4/06 421.65
3. 2158 Sally 21450140 8/4/06 321.00

May I know what formula I must input at cell A1 and copy down to A3 to
segregate the test into columns in the worksheet as follows:

A B C D E
2 2120 John 21478954 9/4/06 421.65
3. 2158 Sally 21450140 8/4/06 321.00

Thanks

Low Seng Kuang

--
A36B58K641
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try DataText to ColumnsSpace delimited.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 14:23:02 -0800, Mr. Low
wrote:

Dear Sir ,

I have the folowing text at Cell A2:A3 It is copied from MS Outlook and MS
Word to the spreadsheet.

A B
C D

2 2120 John 21478954 9/4/06 421.65
3. 2158 Sally 21450140 8/4/06 321.00

May I know what formula I must input at cell A1 and copy down to A3 to
segregate the test into columns in the worksheet as follows:

A B C D E
2 2120 John 21478954 9/4/06 421.65
3. 2158 Sally 21450140 8/4/06 321.00

Thanks

Low Seng Kuang

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Gord,

Yes, it works.

Many thanks for your info.

Kind Regards

Low Seng Kuang

--
A36B58K641

wrote:

Dear Sir ,

I have the folowing text at Cell A2:A3 It is copied from MS Outlook and MS
Word to the spreadsheet.

A B
C D

2 2120 John 21478954 9/4/06 421.65
3. 2158 Sally 21450140 8/4/06 321.00

May I know what formula I must input at cell A1 and copy down to A3 to
segregate the test into columns in the worksheet as follows:

A B C D E
2 2120 John 21478954 9/4/06 421.65
3. 2158 Sally 21450140 8/4/06 321.00

Thanks

Low Seng Kuang

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the feedback.

I also noted your post thanking MS and the contributors.

Nice to see a post of that nature.

Gord

On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 23:50:00 -0800, Mr. Low
wrote:

Hello Gord,

Yes, it works.

Many thanks for your info.