Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Viewing the lower section of the spreadsheet --tabs, scroll bar

I sent a worksheet out to a group and some people receive it just as it is
formatted and others don't see the first column without pulling it over and
also the bottom (tabs and scroll bar) aren't visible.

The document is protected. I had one person save a copy and the first
column came into view, but still the workbook tabs and bottom scroll aren't
visible.

I checked such things as the view tabs and scroll bar and they are checked.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Evie" wrote:

I sent a worksheet out to a group and some people receive it just as it is
formatted and others don't see the first column without pulling it over and
also the bottom (tabs and scroll bar) aren't visible.

The document is protected. I had one person save a copy and the first
column came into view, but still the workbook tabs and bottom scroll aren't
visible.

That's normal because Excel remembers the size and position of your window
arrangement and then uses it on the other persons computer. If there is a
difference in the display properties between your computer and the other
person's computer they will see things differently than you do.

One of the things you can do to minimize this is to make your Excel window
about one-quarter the size of your screen, or even a little smaller, before
you save it and send it to others.

Another thing you can do (I am pretty sure) is to maximize the windows
before you save it. Maximize is a device-independent "size" and is usually
handled differently than a non-maximized window.

B+
HALinNY
I checked such things as the view tabs and scroll bar and they are checked.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Viewing the lower section of the spreadsheet --tabs, scroll ba

I will try those things. I still want to know how to restore the end of the
worksheet (worksheet tabs, scroll bar). I've had this happen to me once and
I didn't resolve it. Currently, if you go to the bottom of the spreadsheet
you just continue down the endless empty rows.

Evie

"HALinNY" wrote:

"Evie" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Evie" wrote:

I will try those things. I still want to know how to restore the end of the
worksheet (worksheet tabs, scroll bar). I've had this happen to me once and
I didn't resolve it. Currently, if you go to the bottom of the spreadsheet
you just continue down the endless empty rows.

Evie

Maximize the Excel Window and then maximize the spreadsheet window. That
should bring everything into view.

B+
HALinNY
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Evie

You could hide the empty rows and columns if you wish.

You can, through code, set the scrollarea so users cannot scroll out of the
range you set.

Another thing......Excel has a habit of over-estimating the used range.

When you hit CTRL + End where does that take you?

If far below and right of your actual used range, you can select the rows below
and delete them.

Also select the columns to the right of your used range and delete them.

Save the workbook and your CTRL + End will go to last cell of your real used
range.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"HALinNY" wrote:

"Evie" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gord,

On my computer:

-CTRL + End does take me to the end (last populated row, cursor in last used
cell).
-Pulling down on the scroll bar takes me to the last populated row.
-When I open the sheet at 100% I see only the used columns and limited
amount of rows
-Decreasing the size of the sheet makes the empty columns and rows come into
view
-Scrolling with the €śwheel€ť on the mouse brings the empty rows into view
-Pulling the scroll bar left at the bottom of the sheet brings unused
columns into view

I have resent the spreadsheet out again with the suggestions given
previously and am waiting for feedback from the co-worker who was having the
problem. Ill make observations about the behavior of the spreadsheet in
that environment once I get a response.

Evie

"HALinNY" wrote:

"Evie" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Evie

You can never get rid of the unused rows and columns and will always be able to
scroll into them unless hidden or you set the scrollarea through code.

Gord

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 14:30:00 -0800, Evie wrote:

Gord,

On my computer:

-CTRL + End does take me to the end (last populated row, cursor in last used
cell).
-Pulling down on the scroll bar takes me to the last populated row.
-When I open the sheet at 100% I see only the used columns and limited
amount of rows
-Decreasing the size of the sheet makes the empty columns and rows come into
view
-Scrolling with the “wheel” on the mouse brings the empty rows into view