Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pulling Comments out of a Survey

I have a survey that consists of 17 questions. The first question is
formatted to provide me with the name that goes with the survey. The last
question is an open for comments. The data is pulled into excel for
reporting. I have formulas set up to pull everything to one worksheet per
name. I cannot figure out how to pull the comments. There are 90 plus name
and upto 17 surveys per name. Help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Scott@CW" wrote:

I have a survey that consists of 17 questions. The first question is
formatted to provide me with the name that goes with the survey. The last
question is an open for comments. The data is pulled into excel for
reporting. I have formulas set up to pull everything to one worksheet per
name. I cannot figure out how to pull the comments. There are 90 plus name
and upto 17 surveys per name. Help.

Wow! That's a lot of data. Unfortunately, I don't know of an easy way to
do this. Excel is formula-oriented and comments can take many different
forms and express many different sentiments and opinions.

The first thing to realize is that you cannot calculate anything using the
comments as given to you. So your next step might be to create a list of
ideas or phrases that appear in the comments (including "none") and sort of
turn the comments into a form of multiple choice answers to a question that
does not exist.

Seriously, I think you will find a high degree of commonality in the content
of the comments and as a sharp person, you can reduce all of them to maybe 20
or 25 individual items and then keep track of them that way.

B+
HALinNY
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Scott

To place the contents of a comment into a cell see Debra Dalgleish's site for
info.

http://www.contextures.com/xlcomment...l#CopyAdjacent

May do what you want.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 1 Dec 2006 10:26:01 -0800, Scott@CW
wrote:

I have a survey that consists of 17 questions. The first question is
formatted to provide me with the name that goes with the survey. The last
question is an open for comments. The data is pulled into excel for
reporting. I have formulas set up to pull everything to one worksheet per
name. I cannot figure out how to pull the comments. There are 90 plus name
and upto 17 surveys per name. Help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is there a way to contact Debra Dalgleishi, I looked at the web site and they
are close to what I need but not quite there. I have all the sheets already
made and need the info dumped to them. Thank you for the help.

wrote:

I have a survey that consists of 17 questions. The first question is
formatted to provide me with the name that goes with the survey. The last
question is an open for comments. The data is pulled into excel for
reporting. I have formulas set up to pull everything to one worksheet per
name. I cannot figure out how to pull the comments. There are 90 plus name
and upto 17 surveys per name. Help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Debra hangs around these news group quite a bit.

I think if you wait around, she may drop in on this thread.

What specific changes to her code would you require?

From where would you "dump the info"?

Gord

wrote:

I have a survey that consists of 17 questions. The first question is
formatted to provide me with the name that goes with the survey. The last
question is an open for comments. The data is pulled into excel for
reporting. I have formulas set up to pull everything to one worksheet per
name. I cannot figure out how to pull the comments. There are 90 plus name
and upto 17 surveys per name. Help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry for the delay, I got pulled to another project for a bit. OK there are
three factors first is month. then name, then comments. I have a sheet that
autopopulates everything based on the first two. The problem is getting the
comments to pull over to the sheet. I can get it to do one but I need it to
find all of the comments that match the month and name. All comments are
located in the same column.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Debra hangs around these news group quite a bit.

I think if you wait around, she may drop in on this thread.

What specific changes to her code would you require?

From where would you "dump the info"?

wrote:

I have a survey that consists of 17 questions. The first question is
formatted to provide me with the name that goes with the survey. The last
question is an open for comments. The data is pulled into excel for
reporting. I have formulas set up to pull everything to one worksheet per
name. I cannot figure out how to pull the comments. There are 90 plus name
and upto 17 surveys per name. Help.

comments chartasap Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 September 26th 06 10:21 PM
deleting comments [email protected] Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 August 24th 06 07:09 PM
Comments. DB. New Users to Excel 6 July 18th 06 11:17 PM
Comments in Excel JP Excel Worksheet Functions 2 April 4th 06 08:22 PM
Display Comments on Each Page Stanley Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 February 23rd 06 06:05 PM