Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change quantities entered as dollars to $K

Enter 1000 in an empty cell.

Copy that cell.

Then select the cells that you need to convert and do a Paste
SpecialDivideOK

Biff

"Jood" wrote:

There's got to be a quick and easy way to do this but I'm frazzled and can't
find it. I am rolling up several worksheets in which people were to have
entered budget info in $K (dollars in thousands) but some entered in plain
dollars. I need to be able to quickly convert something entered as 14,500 to
14.5. I'm using Excel2002 and the cells are formatted as number with zero
decimal places. Help?