Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can i protect worksheet until a value is placed in a certa

The workbook open macro sounds like an option, how do i go about creating one?

"CLR" wrote:

First off, you cannot really "force" anything in EXCEL. All those sorts of
things are usuaally controlled by Macros, and simply starting the file with
macros disabled defuzes that system........and any GURU can break into just
about any Excel "security" system. That said, what you want to "encourage"
can be done using a Workbook-Open macro. It could pop up a box for the user
to fill in a value and then store that value in a desired place, etc
etc...........another solution "might" be to condition each formula on a
given value being in a specific cell, like
=IF(X1="flabbergast",A1+B1,""), instead of just =A1+B1.....
If you want code, post back with a few more details and someone will help.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Double A" wrote:

I am trying to force people to enter a value in a single cell before they are
then able to edit any other part of the worksheet is this possible?