Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SJT SJT is offline

Default Ctrl Key to Select Cells

I am using the Ctrl key to select non-contiguous cells to paste to. Can I
deselect a cell that I mistakenly chose and still keep the other cells as
part of the paste region. Thanks for your assistance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is a frequent problem which to now Excel has not addressed.

You cannot, without code, de-select a cell once selected using the CTRL and
point method.

Chip Pearson has code available at his site.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/unselect.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP