Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help! Lost sheets by using View Code on worksheet tab

I have a multi-sheet worksheet for tracking vacation and sick time for our
team. I copied it to the 2007 year name and was updating it for the coming
year.
There are sheets for each month, a Totals sheet, and another sheet which
holds data for calculations, but I don't want anyone to access/change the
data on the calculations sheet.

I 'found' a new functionality; on the sheet tab, right click, select View
Code, and it brings up Microsoft Visual Basic windows. One of those windows
has "Properties - Sheet "(sheetname) and the last of those properties is
"Visable". I selected
"0 - xlSheetHidden" thinking it would effectively 'hide' that one worksheet.
That sheet and two others disapeared from my tabs list. And I can't find
them to get them back.

Any help?

--
Michele B.
Ohio
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Michelle

Try
FormatSheetUnhide
You should see a list of the hidden sheets. Just select each one to be
unhidden.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Michele" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

FormatSheetUnhide.

If you actually used 2-xlVeryHidden you will have to unhide using code or hit
ALT + F11 and CTRL + r

Expand your workbook/project and from the list of sheets select each sheet that
was hidden and ViewProperties and change to 1-xlSheetVisible

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 12:55:02 -0800, Michele
wrote:

I have a multi-sheet worksheet for tracking vacation and sick time for our
team. I copied it to the 2007 year name and was updating it for the coming
year.
There are sheets for each month, a Totals sheet, and another sheet which
holds data for calculations, but I don't want anyone to access/change the
data on the calculations sheet.

I 'found' a new functionality; on the sheet tab, right click, select View
Code, and it brings up Microsoft Visual Basic windows. One of those windows
has "Properties - Sheet "(sheetname) and the last of those properties is
"Visable". I selected
"0 - xlSheetHidden" thinking it would effectively 'hide' that one worksheet.
That sheet and two others disapeared from my tabs list. And I can't find
them to get them back.

Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Return the the previous copy of the file.

You did make a copy before you played with the newly found features didn't
you :)

Otherwise use the tips the others posted.

But next time, make a copy of the file and try it on the copy

Steve