Claire Chandler

Default Can Excel notify me when a date is due?

I am currently setting up an Excel spreadsheet to calculate dates, and I was
wondering whether Excel could notify me somehow 2 days before a date I have
calculated, or to somehow flash up that the date is due. Does anyone know how
to do this, or would I somehow have-to transfer the dates I have calculated
in Excel into Outlook?

Nick Hodge

Claire

Not with a pop up, but how about the cell colour changes? Highlight cells
and go to formatConditional formatting... and enter 'cell value is' 'less
then or equal to' and then enter in the last box

=NOW()+2

then choose your format

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Claire Chandler" <Claire
wrote in
message ...
I am currently setting up an Excel spreadsheet to calculate dates, and I
was
wondering whether Excel could notify me somehow 2 days before a date I
have
calculated, or to somehow flash up that the date is due. Does anyone know
how
to do this, or would I somehow have-to transfer the dates I have
calculated
in Excel into Outlook?

JulieD

Hi Claire

note, that you will need to open the worksheet on a daily (or bi-daily)
basis .. the reminders (colours) won't appear otherwise).

Cheers
JulieD