Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Fomula for sub sums

In column A I have either date or blank cells. Cells in column B, C, D
contains either formula or number. I need to have sub sums for column B,C,
D. Each sub sums range is defined by blank cell in column A. Please let me
know what is the best way to do it. Thanks in advance for your input.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'd drop those blank rows and add another column.

I put some kind of indicator in that column for each group (department/part
number/sales person's name).

Then I'd sort by that column to group them together and use Data|Subtotals to
get those subtotals for each change in that group.

Or I'd use data|pivottable (still delete the rows and add the column, though).

--

Dave Peterson