Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel doesn't allow me to save

I've just finished installing Excel 2004 for Mac v. 11.3 on a new MacBook Pro
running Mac OS X 10.4.8. When I try to save a workbook.....including new
workbooks, the "save" button is dimmed.

I installed Office 2004 from the original CD which I'd used to install it on
my old laptop. However, I manually copied many files from my old laptop to
the new laptop...perhaps I copied over something I shouldn't have.

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Is there a compatibility problem with OSX 10.4.8?

(BTW..I'm a very experienced Excel user)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Suggest you ask news:microsoft.public.mac.office.excel
best wishes from the Windows guys
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"chilihead2006" wrote in message
I've just finished installing Excel 2004 for Mac v. 11.3 on a new MacBook
Pro
running Mac OS X 10.4.8. When I try to save a workbook.....including new
workbooks, the "save" button is dimmed.

I installed Office 2004 from the original CD which I'd used to install it
on
my old laptop. However, I manually copied many files from my old laptop to
the new laptop...perhaps I copied over something I shouldn't have.

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Is there a compatibility problem with OSX 10.4.8?

(BTW..I'm a very experienced Excel user)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As this could have been a Microsoft issue, this seemed a perfectly
appropriate place to post this message.

I just discovered that the target folder somehow became "read only" when
copied to my new Mac. So the fix was easy...just change the permissions to
"read & write"