Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Association/registration problem with Word and Excel files.

I posted this in a Word group, too, but thought I should also post it
here, just in case. This problem has been afflicting me for the last
few days, and while it's not completely debilitating, it's amazingly
annoying!

Basically: When I double-click on a Word or an Excel document to open
it, Word or Excel will start but will NOT display the document itself.
Once Word comes up, I can go to File-Open and open the document with no
trouble, but it's another, very frustrating step to have to go through.

Word and Excel icons (I'm using Office 2003, for the record) both look
correct, so everything seems to be associated properly. But when I
delete the file type from Folder Options-File Type and then reregister
them with the /r or /regserver options in the Run dialog, the problem is
still not resolved. That seemed to resolve the problems in most of the
other cases I was able to track down in this newsgroup, but not this
one, I'm afraid.

If anyone knows what to do from here, I'd love to know about it--I'd
really like to be able to get this fixed! Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could try this in Excel:

Tools|Options|General tab|Uncheck "Ignore other applications"

I don't know enough about MSWord to help.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dave Peterson wrote:
You could try this in Excel:

Tools|Options|General tab|Uncheck "Ignore other applications"

I don't know enough about MSWord to help.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried that and it didn't work.