Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hidden external data link

I have an Excel 2003 spreadsheet, built out of an old one that
originally had external data queries that were first opened from
inside macros that called up a series of IQY files. I understand that
an IQY file is only needed for the very first enquiry, thereafter the
query is "embedded" somewhere.

The macros have long been deleted, the IQY files have long been
deleted. But the links are still there in some place on the
spreadsheet which I cannot find.

I cannot use the External Data toolbar to track these down. I cannot
see anything in the VBA code. Every time I open the file I am
presented with a MsgBox regarding Enabling or Disabling automatic
refresh for these queries.

How may I delete these queries- there are 150 of them somewhere in
this spread sheet.

Geoff Lambert

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Geoff

Have you checked in InsertNamesDefine? I frequently have names here
that reference external sources. If you no longer need them, they can
be deleted.

Hope this helps!

Richard

--