Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I create a simple Sales survey with radio buttons ?

Hi folks,

I want to create a simple Sales survey in Excel. I am hoping to use radio
buttions to get the ratings for my questions since Sales would not agree to
spending too much time. But I do not know how to enter Radio buttion in
Excel. Are you able to help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You'd be hard pressed to find an easier solution than Dave Peterson's at
Debra Dalgleish's website:
http://www.contextures.com/xlform01.html

Is that something you can work with?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Manoj" wrote:

Hi folks,

I want to create a simple Sales survey in Excel. I am hoping to use radio
buttions to get the ratings for my questions since Sales would not agree to
spending too much time. But I do not know how to enter Radio buttion in
Excel. Are you able to help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Ron,

This seems to help me in one of my projects, but I have a question
concerning Dave Peterson's solution.
How does column C get refreshed when I select an option? If I can find this
out, my problem is solved. I'm looking for something similar to this.

But I can't seem to figure out how column C refreshes by showing the answer
selected once a radio button gets clicked on.

Thanks

"Manoj" wrote:

Hi folks,

I want to create a simple Sales survey in Excel. I am hoping to use radio
buttions to get the ratings for my questions since Sales would not agree to
spending too much time. But I do not know how to enter Radio buttion in
Excel. Are you able to help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Wow! You have a follow-up question TWO years after the original post!

Right-click on any of the option buttons in a row
<Format Control<Control tab
Cell Link: (this cell holds the value of the option button group.)

I hope that helps

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2003, WinXP

"Manoj" wrote:

Hi folks,

I want to create a simple Sales survey in Excel. I am hoping to use radio
buttions to get the ratings for my questions since Sales would not agree to
spending too much time. But I do not know how to enter Radio buttion in
Excel. Are you able to help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Ron,

Thanks for your response but when I try right-clicking the radio buttons on
my client's worksheet, the radio button does not get "selected" (i.e gray
rectangle around it). We're using Excel 2002 SP3.

Thanks

"Manoj" wrote:

Hi folks,

I want to create a simple Sales survey in Excel. I am hoping to use radio
buttions to get the ratings for my questions since Sales would not agree to
spending too much time. But I do not know how to enter Radio buttion in
Excel. Are you able to help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You may need to UNprotect the sheet.

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2003, WinXP

"Manoj" wrote:

Hi folks,

I want to create a simple Sales survey in Excel. I am hoping to use radio
buttions to get the ratings for my questions since Sales would not agree to
spending too much time. But I do not know how to enter Radio buttion in
Excel. Are you able to help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ray

Sounds like the option buttons are from the Control Toolbox.

Open the Control Toolbox Toolbar and click on the "Design Mode" icon.

Now right-click on the option button.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Manoj" wrote:

Hi folks,

I want to create a simple Sales survey in Excel. I am hoping to use radio
buttions to get the ratings for my questions since Sales would not agree to
spending too much time. But I do not know how to enter Radio buttion in
Excel. Are you able to help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I managed to right-click the option button but I don't have the Control tab
available in the Format Control dialog, hence no Cell Link.

How can I test if the control is from the Forms toolbox or the Controls
toolbox?
I should mention that the option buttons are inside a group box. And that
there is one group box on each row of the worksheet. There are about 100 rows.

Thanks!