Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2002: How to eliminate space within a cell and count items?

Dear Sir,

1. May I know how to eliminate the spacing within a cell as follows :

Before eliminating After eliminating
AAB 8426 AAB8426
AAC 6542 AAC6542

2. Also in Excel 2002, the when a block of cell containing numbers is
highlighted, it sum total appears at the right hand bottom of the screen
without displaying the number of items added.

Is there anyway I can customized this function to show n items when the
cells are highlighted ? or is there any other keyboard shortcut of doing
this ? Can the worksheet count the number of text items (n) highlighted in
a column ?

For example :

Column A
ABC2111
ACC2112
ACD2145 , n =3

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could use Edit | replace to change the actual data
or to get the required data in a new cell use =SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","")
that double-quotes with and without a space between them
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Mr. Low" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2002: How to eliminate space within a cell and count ite

Question 2:
Right click on the status bar (bottom edge of Excel window), select Count
from the local menu!

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Bernard Liengme€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

"Mr. Low" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For 2.

Right-click on the status bar and select "count" from the options.

This will count all cells selected, not just text cells.

Count Nums will count all cells with numbers.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 06:32:01 -0800, Mr. Low
wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Bernard,

Your =SUSTITUTE( ) formula works very well.

It is goinfg to be very helpful for my daily tasks in the future.

Many thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641

"Mr. Low" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Stefi,

Many thanks for your info.

It is going to be very helpful for my daily office work in the future.

Kind Regards

Low

--
A36B58K641