Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stefi Stefi is offline

Default Excel 2002: How to eliminate space within a cell and count ite

Question 2:
Right click on the status bar (bottom edge of Excel window), select Count
from the local menu!

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Bernard Liengme€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

You could use Edit | replace to change the actual data
or to get the required data in a new cell use =SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","")
that double-quotes with and without a space between them
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Mr. Low" wrote in message
Dear Sir,

1. May I know how to eliminate the spacing within a cell as follows :

Before eliminating After eliminating
AAB 8426 AAB8426
AAC 6542 AAC6542

2. Also in Excel 2002, the when a block of cell containing numbers is
highlighted, it sum total appears at the right hand bottom of the screen
without displaying the number of items added.

Is there anyway I can customized this function to show n items when the
cells are highlighted ? or is there any other keyboard shortcut of doing
this ? Can the worksheet count the number of text items (n) highlighted
in
a column ?

For example :

Column A