Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table Col 1 & 2 to display info in rows

Am using Office 2K. I have used Pivot Tables and am still learning more about
it. I have generated a Pivot Table (with about 5000 lines) that shows the
following info:
i.e Acc No 201 was JKB Ltd. The company changed its anme to JKB Sys. We have
kept the same Acc No. It has taken the parts 4737, 4790, 5050, 4532 & 4790.

Acc No Acc Name Part No 3 4 5 Grand Total
201 JKB Ltd 4737 311 311
4790 371 371
5050 293 293
JKB Sys 4532 21 155 90 266
4790 153 330 320 803
355 The C Grp 2000 390 220 255 865
2001 900 440 555 1895
4000 310 160 150 620
PTL Group 2000 224 224
2001 395 395
4000 105 105

Is it possible to get the info in Acc No and Acc Name to be displayed as
follows:
where the Acc No and Acc Name are shown on the screen

Acc No Acc Name Part No 3 4 5 Grand Total
201 JKB Ltd 4737 311 311
201 JKB Ltd 4790 371 371
201 JKB Ltd 5050 293 293
201 JKB Sys 4532 21 155 90 266
201 JKB Sys 4950 153 330 320 803
355 The C Grp 2000 390 220 255 865
355 The C Grp 2001 900 440 555 1895
355 The C Grp 4000 310 160 150 620
355 PTL Group 2000 224 224
355 PTL Group 2001 395 395
355 PTL Group 4000 105 105

Thanks a lot

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Johnny

There are a couple of methods described on Debra Dalgleish's site that
will help you to do this.
http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html

Alternatively you code add a column to your source data with the formula
=IF(B2="JKB Sys", 201.1,A2)
and fill down.
Use this new column in the PT instead of the present one, then at least
you would see
201 JKB Ltd 4737
...............................4790
...............................5050
201.1 JKB Sys 4532
...............................4790

(dots inserted just for alignment in posting)

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Johnny" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Roger
Thanks for the help. I misunderstood it the first time. I went to Debra D's
site and the solution was written very clearly and simple to understand
method was use.
Thanks a lot to you and Debra and also for the quick response.
Keep up the good work.