Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I make an address label in excel, then merge it with Word.

i want to type an address in one cell, for instance, Mr Marc johnson 123
ardmore canton ohio 11111. When this merges with Word i want the label to
show the name address and city on 3 separate lines. how do I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you're going to do a merge into Word, put the data for each line of the
label into a different column.
--
David Biddulph

"Marcdavid62" wrote in message
i want to type an address in one cell, for instance, Mr Marc johnson 123
ardmore canton ohio 11111. When this merges with Word i want the label to
show the name address and city on 3 separate lines. how do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You may want to read some tips for mailmerge.
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge

The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave
Rado.

Marcdavid62 wrote:

i want to type an address in one cell, for instance, Mr Marc johnson 123
ardmore canton ohio 11111. When this merges with Word i want the label to
show the name address and city on 3 separate lines. how do I do this?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I make an address label in excel, then merge it with Wo

Have you ever seen the text look like this, Mike Johnson||123 harvard
st||cleveland OH. the "||" somehow inserts the next few words right below,
making it look like an address on an envelope. Do you know how to do this?

Marcdavid62 wrote:

i want to type an address in one cell, for instance, Mr Marc johnson 123
ardmore canton ohio 11111. When this merges with Word i want the label to
show the name address and city on 3 separate lines. how do I do this?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you're typing the address, you can hit alt-enter to force a new line in the
cell.

Make sure that Format|Cells|alignment tab|wrap text is checked.

But you're life will be much easier if you put each field into its own column.

Marcdavid62 wrote:

i want to type an address in one cell, for instance, Mr Marc johnson 123
ardmore canton ohio 11111. When this merges with Word i want the label to
show the name address and city on 3 separate lines. how do I do this?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For Example: the columns at the top read FIRST LAST ADDRESS
However in some of the addresses there is a "C/O John Doe" line. I want
this line to be under the address line But I do not want to hit ALT + Enter.
An example I looked at had 123 high st || C/O john Doe. The "||" symbol
somehoe makes the c/o populate below the address. does this make sense?