Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ram Ram is offline

Default AutoFilter Question

Hello All,

Is there a way to use AutoFilter for columns?

I have dates going across the top of my sheet , and would like to have an
AutoFilter button in column A that would filter the columns based on the date
I select from row 1.

Thanks for any help

Thanks for any help

Ramone
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There's nothing built into Excel that will filter columns, instead of
rows. You could create a macro to hide the columns.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ram Ram is offline

Thanks Debra,

Do you know where I could find code thatfilters by column?

Thanks

ram wrote:
Hello All,

Is there a way to use AutoFilter for columns?

I have dates going across the top of my sheet , and would like to have an
AutoFilter button in column A that would filter the columns based on the date
I select from row 1.

Thanks for any help

Thanks for any help

Ramone

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Record a macro when you hide one set of columns. Then record another macro when
you show all the columns. And record a macro when you hide the second set of
columns, then the 3rd set, ...

ram wrote:
Hello All,

Is there a way to use AutoFilter for columns?

I have dates going across the top of my sheet , and would like to have an
AutoFilter button in column A that would filter the columns based on the date
I select from row 1.

Thanks for any help

Thanks for any help

Ramone

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And to mark the columns to it's easier to hide them, you can use the
technique in the sample workbook he

Under Data Validation, look for DV0045 - Hide Matching Columns