Scott

Default How do I print labels from an Excel spreadsheet

My wife has a simple spreadsheet that contains the following columns:
Artist
Title
Medium
Price

She wants to print individual labels for each art piece. How do we do this?
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

I assume you have Word too in your computer. Then Word's Mail Merge feature
is what you can use. Start Mail Merge (Word's Tools menu), creat the main
document as mailing labels, and then set data source as your Excel table (be
sure that the table is on leftmost sheet of workbook). NB! You have to set
the file type in open dialog to Excel files. After that design the main
document, and at end invoke mail merge - you can send the output directly to
printer, or to new file (or send it as fax or mail - but this is hardly an
option with labels).

Arvi Laanemets

"Scott" wrote in message
My wife has a simple spreadsheet that contains the following columns:
Artist
Title
Medium
Price

She wants to print individual labels for each art piece. How do we do

this?

Paul B

Scott, in addition to Arvi post, here are some links on mail merge using
excel as the data source

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...AMailMerge.htm

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Scott" wrote in message
My wife has a simple spreadsheet that contains the following columns:
Artist
Title
Medium
Price

She wants to print individual labels for each art piece. How do we do

this?

JE McGimpsey

if you have Word available, use Tools/Labels with the XL file as the
external data source. See the "Create labels by using the Data Merge
Manager" topic in Word Help.

for additional help, see