Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default HELP!!!!

I have two lists. The old one (for example) has 2850 rows of data, then the
new one, has 2897 - ie 47 new fields. I need to filter out the new fields
and I have tried everything!

Can anyone help me? I have to do this job once a week and can't believe that
my only option is to go through each list one row at a time.

Hopefully
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In the new list in an adjacent column

=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!A:A,A1)=0,"New","")

and copy down

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Katt595" wrote in message
I have two lists. The old one (for example) has 2850 rows of data, then

the
new one, has 2897 - ie 47 new fields. I need to filter out the new fields
and I have tried everything!

Can anyone help me? I have to do this job once a week and can't believe

that
my only option is to go through each list one row at a time.

Hopefully

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Bob

Thanks for the formula. However, I can't make it work. I keep getting
#VALUE appear in the cell. I used to think I was quite good with Excel - I'm
now starting to wonder...

Thanks for any help you can give - I appreciate it!

"Katt595" wrote in message
I have two lists. The old one (for example) has 2850 rows of data, then

the
new one, has 2897 - ie 47 new fields. I need to filter out the new fields
and I have tried everything!

Can anyone help me? I have to do this job once a week and can't believe

that
my only option is to go through each list one row at a time.

Hopefully

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A B C D
1 FirstName LastName NUS Card No. EMailAddr

2 worksheets in the same file - old list called 20-10-06, new list called
16-11-06. I know there are 47 new names on the new list and I only need
these 47.

Do you need any more information or is that enough. Thanks again for all
your help (and patience!)

Lorna

"Katt595" wrote in message
I have two lists. The old one (for example) has 2850 rows of data,

then
the
new one, has 2897 - ie 47 new fields. I need to filter out the new

fields
and I have tried everything!

Can anyone help me? I have to do this job once a week and can't

believe
that
my only option is to go through each list one row at a time.

Hopefully

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Lorna,

You could use something like this; assuming that NUS Card No. is a
unique #...
=if(countif(A1,D:D)=1,"","New")

HTH

Hans