Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Katt595 Katt595 is offline

Default HELP!!!!

Hi Bob

Thanks for the formula. However, I can't make it work. I keep getting
#VALUE appear in the cell. I used to think I was quite good with Excel - I'm
now starting to wonder...

Thanks for any help you can give - I appreciate it!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

In the new list in an adjacent column

=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!A:A,A1)=0,"New","")

and copy down

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Katt595" wrote in message
I have two lists. The old one (for example) has 2850 rows of data, then

the
new one, has 2897 - ie 47 new fields. I need to filter out the new fields
and I have tried everything!

Can anyone help me? I have to do this job once a week and can't believe

that
my only option is to go through each list one row at a time.

Hopefully