Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default edit features

I have a template where there are certain cell that numeric data is entered
and sumed. The cell that contains the sum formula is protected. How do I
disable usersfrom cutting the contains of the unprotected cells were data is
entered. I need to do this because if they "cut and paste" is corrupts the
formula that sums the cells. I'm fairly good with excel but can't figure
this out and am not even sure that it is possible to do.